I used to work at McDonald’s making minimum wage. You know what that means when someone pays you minimum wage? You know what your boss was trying to say? ‘Hey if I could pay you less, I would, but it’s against the law.’
|—||Chris Rock (via lamaracuya)|
Realizing I deserved better changed everything.
Things to remember when you want to say “no,” assert yourself, and ask for what you want
- If I say “no” to someone and they get angry, this does not mean I should have said “yes.”
- Saying “no” does not make me selfish.
- Although I want to please the people I care about, I do not have to please them all the time.
- It is okay to want or need something from someone else.
- My wants and needs are just as important as those of anyone else.
- I have the right to assert myself, even if I may inconvenience others.